National Ear Care Centre, Kaduna offers the following training programmes;
- Post Basic Otorhinolaryngology Nursing: The Centre runs a 12 months Post Basic Ear, Nose and Throat Programme for Registered Nurses. This course holds from November, Application forms are sold between March/April while the Entrance Examination hold in June. From 1999 to 2018, The School has trained Six Hundred and Thirty (630) Nurse whom all were qualified by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria to practice as ORL-Nurses. Click here to apply
- Primary Ear Care Course: This is a 4 weeks Primary Ear Care Course for Community Health Officers / Assistant’s Community Health Extension Workers and Community Based General Nurses. It also organizes separate training for State Local Government Services Commissions for the relevant Officers based on arrangement. It is held twice a year.
- Refresher Course: This is a refresher training organized for ORL-Nurses that could not be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria for more Five Years after graduation from programme.
- Clincal Experience: The Centre organizes a 4-week short course on ENT for students training in other health institutions within Kaduna and beyond
- Train The Trainers: This ENT Special training for Medical Health Officers and general public across the Country. It is usually in conjunction with Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) and World Health Organisation (WHO) who provided the curriculum of the Course in order to ensure its success. The training holds annaully
- Workshop on Danger of Traditional Uvulectomy: This workshop holds in March/April . This aim to eradicate practices of traditional barbers (wanzami) so as to reduce the rate of mortality and morbidity of children. The target participants are traditional barbers and Health Personnel working in Primary Health Care Centres or facilities and general public.
- Audiometric Technician Course: It is a 2 years Diploma Programme in affiliation with Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria on direct sponsorship of the Centre and Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM). A.B.U. shall award certificate to the professional students on completion of the course. Importantly, applicant can secure admission into affiliated University 200 level Degree Programme.
- In-house workshops: The centre frequently hold in-house professional workshops for staff in order to improve their general efficiencies.
The staff are being sponsored for workshops across the country and foreign countries of the globe.